International Workshop on Seamless Connectivity in Vehicular Networks - SCVN 2011
In the framework of ITST-2011, the Workshop on Seamless Connectivity in Vehicular Networks (SCVN) will provide a premier forum for discussion of research issues related to the integration and cooperation of heterogeneous wireless networks aiming seamless connectivity in vehicular scenarios.
The workshop will be held in conjunction with the main tracks of ITST-2011 conference. SCVN-2011 welcomes submissions from both researchers and practitioners, enabling them to exchange new ideas and recent advances in solutions for seamless connectivity in heterogeneous vehicular networks, as well as mobility management in vehicular ad-hoc networks.
Solicited papers include the following areas of interest, but not limited to:
- Seamless connectivity in vehicular ad hoc networks, hybrid vehicular communication protocols (Vehicle-to-Infrastructure, Vehicle-to-Vehicle, Vehicle-to-X);
- Heterogeneous wireless networks for vehicular connectivity (i.e. IEEE 802.11p, IEEE 802.16e, DSRC, etc.);
- Vertical handoff algorithms in vehicular ad hoc networks;
- Cognitive networking and dynamic spectrum sharing among heterogeneous wireless networks in VANETs environment;
- Architecture, system, and protocol design for seamless connectivity in heterogeneous vehicular networks;
- Mobility impact on routing/MAC protocols in vehicular ad hoc networks;
- Cross-layer approaches for mobility support and resource optimization in vehicular ad hoc networks;
- Emerging standards for seamless connectivity (i.e. IEEE 802.21, MIP, ANDSF, etc.);
- Analytical modeling of vehicular mobility and connectivity;
- Emerging vehicular applications (i.e. safe navigation, location-relevant content distribution, real-time services, infotainment, social networking, etc.);
- Opportunistic/delay-tolerant networking in VANETs environment.
SCVN-2011 will be held in conjunction with ITST-2011 conference, in Park Inn Pulkovskaya,
St. Petersburg, Russia.
6 June, 2011 - FIRM
Notification of acceptance:
30 June, 2011
Camera ready manuscript:
15 July, 2011
24 August, 2011